Electronic Check “eCheck” Payments
An eCheck is a standard and valid Check Payment in which we have removed the U.S.P.S.
mailing time, allowing providers to continue receiving checks and up to 14 days
faster! Not only does this improve your cash flow, but the Remittance Advice is
included as an attachment at the time of payment. This saves you precious time depositing
checks and closing out patient accounts in your Practice Management System.
The provider or the depositing bank can verify the validity of the issued Check
at any time, using the provided URL (web link) included on the check. The Check can be printed
or downloaded and deposited in the same manner you do today. You can deposit directly
at your local bank branch, deposit through your mobile bank app, or through practice’s
OCR check scanning software. Each Check is issued with an ANSI standard MICR line
and is compliant with all federal and state laws.
You are not required to purchase expensive check stock, nor are you required to
print the check on check stock. The majority of banks have been educated and agree to
accept the checks printed on standard printer paper. Providers are never
required to provide bank account information to receive an eCheck with associated Remittance
You may enroll for eCheck Payments if you have already received a Payment from a
Healthcare Payer using RetePay to issue payments. All we require is a valid email
address to update our records. Direct Deposit via your Virtual Lockbox is also available
and can be activated from your eCheck Portal Account.
To enroll today, please contact RetePay Provider Relations at 855-700-4373 and speak
with one of our Payment Specialists!
- Improved revenue cycle – paid up to 14 days faster!
- Significantly reduced lost or stolen checks and time associated with contacting
the Payer for a void and re-issue of the original Check Payment
- No cost to receive or deposit the check
- Reduced administration - Payment and Remittance Advice received together
- Automate your A/R by importing a payment reconciliation data file into your Practice
Management System or other accounting system
- Bank account information is never ‘required’ unless you enroll for Direct Deposit
- Direct Deposit available when you enroll via your Virtual Lockbox
- Fraud prevention, safe and secure – ability verify validity of checks at verifyvalid.com/verify